My friends, I’ve been going through A Time™.
Over the last couple of weeks my life has been turned upside down. Through no fault of my own I now find myself in a weird and precarious transition period and, because of the nature of what’s going on, I’m not even able to talk about it.
In short: it sucks.
(Although my brother and his wife did welcome their first baby over the weekend, thus finally crowning me World’s Greatest Wine Aunt. My niece adorable and already super sassy, so it hasn’t been all bad.)
It’s at times like these that I find myself really, really grateful that I’m a creative person. Writing and art have been my outlets and escapes while I’ve muddled through the sea of incessant bullshit that has been my life recently. With this being top of mind right now, I figured I’d give an update on the overall state of where things are at and what I’ve been up to lately:
- The Star and the Ocean is finished! Or, at least the writing part is done. The final fourteen (!!) chapters are now in the capable hands of my editor. Once I get her notes back I will revise and begin posting! (Also, I’m looking for suggestions for what to name the series of books that TSATO will belong to. So, if you’re feeling inspired I’d love to hear your ideas!)
- I’ve finally started the first round of edits on my NaNoWriMo novel, The Witch’s Patron. No major revisions yet, I’m just going through spelling, grammar, and trying to get a sense of the weaker parts of the story. I was worried I wouldn’t really like it after letting it sit for a while, so I have to say that I’ve been pleasantly surprised! That said, I’m hopeful some beta readers can really help me elevate it.
- The Star and the Ocean won Best Bi Fiction in an LGBT Wattys contest on Wattpad! I’m super grateful, flattered, and full of warm fuzzies over it!
- I did a beta read of the next book by my friend and editor, Athena Wright! Athena’s genre is New Adult Romance, which always makes for a fun read 😉 If that sounds like your sort of thing, be sure to check out her books!
- Finally, I’ve been messing around with digital art for the first time in years (like, over a decade!) I most post my stuff – like the pic of Em in this post – on Twitter and Tumblr if you’re interested (because I’m super behind on updating the TSATO gallery…)
What about you? What have you been up to? Let me know in the comments!